Friday, June 11, 2010

Figuring things out

So, Since apparently sleep isn't happening tonight, I have come to some conclusions regarding this here blogoroonie. I wasn't entirely sure why I began this- purely on a whim, really. But, given my natural proclivities, I think I can discern the method behind the madness.
As my last post reveals, I tend to procrastinate, also, obsess briefly, also, give up on things when they are but half finished. I now confess the shameful truth, I am an itinerant dabbler. My interests, like my knowledge base, is wide, yet shallow. To coin a phrase, I am a jack of all (well, most) trades, and a master of none. For to exhibit my shame, I now list the things I have attempted to make/do in the past, and have not followed through on:
Corsetry
Making shoes
Furniture construction
Home decoration/home renovation
Carpentry
Jewelry (wire and bead)
writing/illustrating a children's book
writing several novels
starting a webcomic (or two)
writing a blog (this is take two, er... five?)
recording an album
Writing all the songs for said album
Making art for said album
Becoming a Ren faire performer
Sell my artwork (No wait.... there was that one time)
setting up a website
setting up an online portfolio (that one I DO hope to finish soon)
Crap tons of sewing projects (so, so many sewing projects)
and
Last, but not least,
Getting a real job
I haven't ever manages to accomplish that one yet! I was paid for being a student, (long story) and now I leech off of my husband, the poor dear.

So, as you can see, I need help. Perhaps having something to answer to will help me follow through on things. Maybe. Or at least it might be fun to watch my spectacular failures. We can only hope.