Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fat Dolls: Theoretical Applications

Surprisingly, a Second post!

In my fantastic capacity for procrastination, I stopped working on top secret birthday surprise project and started perusing the internet.... two hours ago. Currently, looking into making a ball-jointed doll. And while it is evidently cheaper and easier to just buy one, I highly doubt they make rotund ones. By and large, the typical ball-jointed dolls is extremely waifish, while I want to make dolls that are based on more typical body shapes, complete with bulges and cellulite. I think, since dolls are suposed to be child-like and innocent, it would be fun to make some that are clearly adults. They could tie into my paintings even! (check out online portfolio if interested in big fat lady paintings) I'd also like to try making fat lady cloth dolls using this method.

It's probably all folly, though. It's highly doubtful any doll-making will get done, given my previously mentioned problem with procrastination. But, it's nice to dream!

Speaking of online portfolio, desperately need to get to a good-quality scanner to input more art, including from top-secret birthday project.